I know I’ve told you this before (and I’ve told Mike too), but he is a phenomenal coach and Katie really responds to the way he teaches. Mike Gee has a hundred ideas for every lesson and has such a great way of explaining things. He pushes her and is always supportive. She is hoping to keep up lessons with him at least through 2021 and he promised he’s staying for 30 years 😊
While I’m at it, can I sing the praises of Kacey Urrutia and Kristen Penn(14 Black coaches). OMG they were an awesome pair. Kacey is the perfect blend of tough and soft. She relates well to the girls and was very understanding, but she demanded 110% and held them accountable. Kristen was also great with the girls and was a good complement to Kacey. She is just so sweet!!! Overall, it was a season of growth with two amazing coaches!
Thanks so much,
We were introduced to NPJ following Kimmie’s 8th grade school volleyball season. We had heard good things about the club through several other athlete’s we knew that had been a part of the club. In our two seasons with NPJ, we would certainly say that NPJ brings a high degree of excellence regarding coaching, volleyball skills and technique, and player improvement on the court. We are most impressed, however, with the atmosphere of class, coaching style of positive reinforcement and encouragement, as well as helping teach these young athletes to learn solid character, teamwork and sportsmanship both on and off the court. Adam Ellis has assembled an unrivaled staff in the Pacific Northwest of quality coaches that all buy into the positive and upbeat style that make it so much fun for Kimmie to practice and play volleyball. The balanced approach of excellence on the court while encouraging the athletes to keep up their grades and life outside of volleyball is much appreciated. Focusing on what each players’ specific goals are and helping them to work towards achieving their goals has been an awesome experience for us. Adam and his team of coaches have all encouraged Kimmie and helped her dramatically improve as a player and we are looking forward to continuing with NPJ as she pursues her dream of playing volleyball at the collegiate level.
Mark and Karen Bain
Parents of Kimmie Bain
- We came to NPJ because we did not feel our daughter was getting the coaching she needed to reach the “next level”. I have coached a lot of middle school, club and even high school volleyball and was fortunate to be able to coach my older daughter up through the 14’s level. I have been working with my younger daughter since she was big enough to hold a ball above her head, but was not able to devote my time to coaching her teams. Surrendering my kid to someone with less coaching experience was a difficult thing to do, and I would go to her practices and feel like I needed to help with this, fix that, change this, tweak that. It was really frustrating! When I convinced my daughter to make a move she was resistant. She was torn between “playing with her friends” and getting the coaching she needed to meet her goals of being a varsity setter as a freshmen and eventually setting in college.
I couldn’t be happier with the move to NPJ.
- When I go watch her practice now, and she her set something that makes me think “why did she do that” before I can finish that thought she has a coach that is in her ear talking to her, coaching her up. She is really getting top notch coaching.
- I love the family atmosphere that the club has cultivated. My daughters new team has been very accepting and she made friends easily. The team gets together for team bonding events which is so important.
- The attentiveness, professionalism, and the attention to detail that I see in the coaching staff is such a huge relief to me. It’s the neatest thing to watch the coaches on the bench during games. There is never any panic. There is confidence, encouragement, and support.
- Best of all for me is that I get to be “just a dad” again.
Peter Anderson DC
- Every part of our experience has been positive. From day 1 the communication and expectations of the the club have been clear. Great leadership, great coaches, and a positive environment for girls at every level of development….thanks
- NPJ shaped me into the player I am today and helped me reach my goal to play college volleyball. I am so thankful for the opportunities and experiences I have been given thanks to Adam’s coaching and the club.
- Being part of NPJ for the past few years has been a wonderful experience! Adam’s knowledge of the game, the recruiting process and player development is truly unrivaled in the region. Without a doubt, Adam and NPJ were the key to helping our daughter reach her goal to play college volleyball. We’ve also made great friends through the club and had a lot of fun along the way.
- Our daughter has participated in club volleyball for four years and this was her first year at NPJ. We had heard good things about NPJ, but have been continually impressed with the level of coaching and sound philosophy of the club.
This year with NPJ, our daughter learned fundamental volleyball skills (such as footwork) that had never even been mentioned in her previous three years of club play. The NPJ coaches are extremely well trained and all coach the same skills and share a similar philosophy, so there is a consistency in coaching that is great. There are no worries about “getting a good coach”. From what I’ve seen, they are all good coaches.
Philosophically I appreciate the NPJ sense of hard work, sportsmanship and camaraderie. There is very little rest during practice. The girls are expected to run back and forth to water breaks, gathering balls, etc. and are expected to give their best effort at all times. The teams have a blast, but do not goof off. During tournaments the teams are expected to support any other NPJ teams that are playing at the same site. We quickly felt a sense of family with NPJ that was lacking in our past club experiences.
We could go on and on, but the bottom line is that with NPJ our daughter has never worked so hard playing club volleyball, but she also has never had as much fun. Thank you NPJ!
Lisa and Tim Ehlers
- We are excited to have such an elite volleyball club come to the Salem
area. Excellent coaching, competitive play, organized practices, and great
looking uniforms are just a few of the qualities that set this club apart.
Thanks for a great season, we look forward to next year!Alisha Reynaldo
- 3 years ago while searching for a local Club for our 10 year old daughter, NPJ was the first to respond with great customer service, so we gave it shot and haven’t looked back once! Our daughter Maddox has grown tremendously as a volleyball player and individual through a great organization that approaches every aspect with the mindset of family, quality, care and results. The opportunities they provide in addition to seasonal play is unbelievable. The lessons and clinics with Mike Gee, who by far is one of the best coaches we have experienced….no words can do this guy justice. He has helped Maddox turn that corner with the extreme attention to detail, outside of the box thinking, positivity and above all she fell in love with the game. We can’t thank him enough for what he has provided. He will continue to be a part of our yearly regimen as long as we can have him!
Rocky Knuth has been amazing in helping Maddox with her athletic training. He has helped her appreciate the pain teach her the correct form and approach….we already see the results. The girl is jumping higher than ever!! Not only does NPJ provide court opportunities, but Sand volleyball as well. The clinics and tournaments they host has been a great experience to see the different avenues you can partake in the game volleyball. Traci Stephenson has been awesome in teaching these fundamentals and truly cares about improving each of our daughters. NPJ has been a positive light in Maddox’s life and we can’t wait to see her continue to grow with her NPJ family and how it will transition into School Sports. It’s going to be amazing! -Kandis Snider
- NPJ Volleyball Cub is the premier club in the state of Oregon and is continually gaining respect at the National level. It has its own training facility with a full weights facility and exceptional trainer on site to compliment its exceptional coaching staff. It provides many levels of opportunity from beginners, to individual lessons, to the highest level of national competition.NPJ is, was, and will always be a second family to our daughter Paige. She grew up there. Paige not only honed her volleyball skills there, through the excellent coaching, and the unlimited opportunities for frequent skill repetition, but she also gained valuable life experience through hard work, dedication, team work, goal setting, leadership roles, mentor roles, the recruiting process and travel. All of these things together, helped her to grow her knowledge, abilities and confidence to seek out, earn, and accept a full ride athletic scholarship to the University of Arizona.
There is a very experienced coaching staff at NPJ with a variety of experiences and knowledge who come together with a united philosophy and goals for the club. This variety provides many levels of valuable input for an athlete, all within that unified club environment. They truly have the athletes best interests at heart and want to see them succeed, both on the court, and in life.
NPJ has an impressive record in college placement of its players who want to play at the next level. Our daughter played on the NPJ 18 National team for 4 seasons and we watched every graduating senior who wanted to, go on to play at the next level in college. Paige’s goal was to play in the PAC 12 and that is where she is playing. Adam Ellis has the skills and the connections across the country to find the right fit for any and all players in their comfort zone and their skill set. He really works hard and is amazing at it!
We Love NPJ Volleyball club! Whether your athlete wants to play college volleyball, or just loves the game and wants to play and get better, NPJ is the best place to be!
Taffy and Scott Whipple
- NPJ inspires girls to give a “perfect effort.” We believe as a club NPJ stands firmly behind this mantra as well. There is no perfect club out there, however NPJ comes remarkably close. Our family will soon start and end its’ 4th season with NPJ (both indoor and beach) as our daughter will graduate in one year. It has been an incredibly rewarding experience. Adam is one-of-a-kind and has not only an enormous passion for the game but also for ensuring that each girl is supported and encouraged to pursue volleyball to whatever level they aspire. We have the highest respect for Adam given the significant growth that NPJ has undergone in the past few years; he has sought to keep a family atmosphere while still expanding and pushing to achieve the highest level of competitive play. The rigor of practices have been ideal for our daughter and her goal of playing D1 volleyball. Additionally, Adam is constantly networking to provide numerous opportunities in the form of clinics, camps, and individualized training for girls with all ranges of abilities to improve their game – and bring them to our community.We are excited for this year’s season and look forward to hearing of NPJ’s many successes in the future.
Jeff and Wendi Christensen (Selbie’s biggest fans)!!!
- Coming from a club that considered NPJ a rival, we entered the try-out doors with trepidation, reservation and a fear of the unknown.
We left tryouts with the confidence our daughter was going to be playing for a great club in the hands of competent inspiring coaches.
From there we learned the true passion of the NPJ coaches is to develop the character of the players as well as the skill. Sportsmanship on and off the court is a requirement and team camaraderie is emphasized. The coaches lead this expectation by example. They use positive reinforcement and provide opportunity for drill repetition and skill advancement. They recruit players with positive attitudes and potential for team contribution.
The coaches are truly living their gift; most have specialties and learn from each other, but all have a general knowledge allowing them to work well together and a desire to continue growing their own volleyball IQ. They are creative in their application of teaching in ways appropriate to individual learning styles. If needed, they will pull a player aside to reinforce a skill the player may be lacking so gracefully the rest of the team will not even notice.
A great lesson from a parent’s perspective that is supported at NPJ, is that as with anything in life, the more you put into something, the more you will get out of it. The players are expected to contribute their best effort both mentally and physically – to come to practice ready to learn and be supportive of others. They are given the tools to be responsible with their pre and post work-out nutrition, and they are given the opportunity to gain strength and endurance through additional training.
At NPJ, the players practice alongside all different ages and skill levels, thus learning to help and also support and inspire others in work ethic and enthusiasm. Individual needs, as well as injuries, are nurtured. Players learn independence and safety as they travel, they learn to work hard to earn playing time, and they learn to appreciate their successes and improve from their failures. They are also taught academic-style volleyball thus learning to improve their strategic game performance.
In conclusion, they are held accountable for contributing to their own success as well as the success of their teammates. They do so at the hands of highly trained coaches who require respect and are committed to helping the players reach their potential. The lessons emphasized at NPJ will be valued in the lives of the players long after volleyball is over.
NPJ made our daughter love volleyball again.
David and Julie Cale – parents of Jane Cale (setter for 18-1’s, 2016/2017)